May 15 to May 22, 2021
The landfill site will be open free of charge to assist you with disposing of your waste materials as follows:
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday, May 15;
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, May 17 to Friday, May 21; and
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday, May 22.
The landfill site will be closed May 23 to May 25 inclusive and resume operation with regular hours and fees Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Southside of the Subway pick up: All materials must be placed out by Sunday, May 16 to be picked up on Monday & Tuesday. Crews will not backtrack.
Northside of the Subway & Walkers Lake pick up: All materials must be placed out by Tuesday, May 18 to be picked up on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Crews will not backtrack.
MATERIALS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF THE CREW HAS ALREADY GONE BY
- Pick-up applies to residential properties only – commercial and business properties are not included.
- All materials must be placed in an accessible area on the street that fronts your property.
- Pickup will be restricted to yard waste (e.g. leaves, grass, etc. must be bagged), household materials, electronic waste (i.e.: TVs, computers, etc.), and small amounts of brush. Demolition materials such as garages, sheds, shingles, etc. will not be picked up. Demolition materials may be delivered to the landfill by owners; regular rates apply.
- Metals and electronics must be separated from other refuse or pickup will be refused.
- No tires or demolition material will be picked up at the curb. Residents can deliver and deposit these items at the landfill site, for which regular rates will apply.
- Large quantities of concrete will not be picked up (i.e. sidewalks or old foundations).
- If you would like the Township to pick up a refrigerator/freezer, all refrigerators/freezers must be tagged “Freon Free” & doors must be removed.
- There will be absolutely no back lane pick up – this includes burning barrels or yard waste.
- No pressurized tanks will be picked up (i.e. propane tanks).
Please Note: Public Works will not pick up derelict vehicles (i.e., old cars trucks, or trailers). These items can be delivered to the landfill site by the residential owner and no tipping fees will apply.
Hazardous Waste Recycling Day is Friday, June 4, 2021. 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Tourism Information Center Parking Lot in Terrace Bay (no electronic Waste).
Please Note: Car batteries will not be accepted. Please take car batteries to Payne’s Auto “free of charge”.
Contact the Municipal office at 824-2711 if more information is needed regarding pickups.