Applications to Fill a Councillor vacancy

The Township of Schreiber is accepting applications to fill a Councillor vacancy. To be appointed to Council, you must be a Canadian Citizen, aged 18 or older and qualify to vote in the municipality. There are three ways that you can qualify to vote in a municipality: as a resident elector, non-resident elector or as a spouse of a non-resident elector.

  • As a resident elector you may own, rent, or live in shared accommodation where you do not pay rent or live in the municipality but do not have a fixed address.
  • As a non-resident elector, you own or rent property in a municipality, but it is not the one where you live. (You can only be a resident elector in 1 municipality. However, you can be a non-resident elector in any other municipality – or municipalities -where you own or rent property).
  • As a spouse of a non-resident elector if your spouse owns or rents property in the municipality or municipalities other than the one where you live. (Neither you nor your spouse qualify as a non-resident elector if you do not personally own or rent the property in the municipality. For example, if the property is owned by your business or your cottage is owned by a trust, you would not qualify as a non-resident elector).

To apply, please send a letter of interest to with a summary of the experience you can bring to the council table. The deadline to apply is March 17, 2021, at 11:59 pm.

You Might Also Like