Finance & Special Projects Administrator
The Township of Schreiber, located on the northern shore of Lake Superior, is a vibrant, friendly community where family and community values are appreciated and lifestyle opportunities are second to none. Residents enjoy a wide variety of recreational activities and a rich cultural heritage. The Township is currently looking to recruit a Finance & Special Projects Administrator.
To provide financial administration support to the Treasurer/Deputy Clerk and the Chief Administrative Officer. Writes, administers and processes grant applications. Provides municipal support for project management, contract administration, and procurement. Represents the Township in matters of economic development and tourism. Promotes and markets the Township.
- 3 years’ municipal sector experience preferably with a background in municipal financial management.
- Municipal finance and accounting training and education with an AMCTO/MFOA designation, or an acceptable equivalent.
- Knowledge of municipal accounting practices and PSAAB requirements.
- Demonstrated grant writing and economic development experience.
- Demonstrated project management, contract administration, and procurement experience.
- Computer technology skills and experience working with computerized business systems, project management software, websites and social media platforms.
- Valid Class G driver’s license.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with accounting functions under the direction of the Treasurer/Deputy Clerk. Administers all aspects of payroll, employee benefits services and records. Reconciles general ledger accounts. Assists Treasurer/Deputy Clerk with debt collections. Assists with the preparation of operating and capital budgets. Assists with year-end reporting requirements, including preparation of year-end closing and adjusting entries and audit working papers.
- Researches private and public sector funding opportunities. Writes grant applications. Advises on grant structure as to eligibility criteria, cost-sharing, enabling legislation, and following through by preparing necessary documentation to support funding applications. Processes grant claims, completions, and reports to funding bodies.
- Provides project management and contract administration expertise for municipal projects. Assists with procurement via the writing of RFPs and contract documents.
- Represent the Township for economic development and tourism matters. Facilitates community and economic development opportunities, especially through community advisory committees such as the Community Economic Development Committee and the Beautification Committee. Manages operations for the tourism information centre.
- Promotes and markets the Township. Enhances and expands the Township’s branding and signage. Develops and improves the schreiber.ca website. Creates posts for the Township’s social media and website.
- Attends Council meetings as directed and required.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Treasurer/Deputy Clerk or the Chief Administrative Officer from time to time and as required.
Salary to be negotiated at $55,000 to $65,000 per annum with a 35-hour work week. The Township offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please forward a letter of application and resume by email, in confidence, to:
Nathan Dias, CAO/Clerk
Township of Schreiber
This posting will remain open until August 9, 2022, or until a suitable candidate is selected.
All offers for employment will be contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us to provide your contact information. The Township of Schreiber is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information gathered will be used solely for application selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom and Protection of Privacy Act.