May 14 to May 21, 2022
The landfill site will be open free of charge to assist you with disposing of your waste as follows:
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday, May 14;
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, May 16 to Friday, May 20; and
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday, May 21.
The landfill site will be CLOSED from May 22 to May 24 inclusive and resume operation with regular hours and fees Wednesday, May 25, 2022.
Southside of the Subway pick up: All materials must be placed out by Sunday, May 15 to be picked up on Monday & Tuesday. Crews will not backtrack.
Northside of the Subway & Walkers Lake pick up: All materials must be placed out by Tuesday, May 17 to be picked up on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Crews will not backtrack.
MATERIALS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF THE CREW HAS ALREADY GONE BY
- Pick up applies to residential properties only – commercial and business properties are not included.
- All materials must be placed in an accessible area on the street that fronts your property.
- Pickup will be restricted to yard waste (e.g. leaves, grass, etc. must be bagged), household materials, electronic waste (i.e.: TV’s, computers, etc.) and small amounts of brush. Demolition materials such as garages, sheds, shingles, etc. will not be picked up. Demolition materials may be delivered to the landfill by owners; regular rates apply.
- Metals and electronics must be separated from other refuse or pickup will be refused.
- No tires or demolition material will be picked up at the curb. Residents can deliver and deposit these items at the landfill site, regular rates will apply.
- Large quantities of concrete will not be picked up (i.e. sidewalks or old foundations).
- If you would like the Township to pick up a refrigerator/freezer, all refrigerators/freezers must be tagged “Freon Free” & doors must be removed.
- There will be absolutely No back lane pick up – this includes burning barrels or yard waste.
- No pressurized tanks will be picked up (i.e. propane tanks)
Please Note: Public Works will not pick up derelict vehicles (i.e., old cars trucks, or trailers). These items can be delivered to the landfill site by the residential owner and no tipping fees will apply.
Hazardous Waste Recycling Day is Friday, June 3, 2022. 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Tourism Information Center Parking Lot in Terrace Bay (no electronic waste).
Please Note: Car batteries will not be accepted. Please take car batteries to Payne’s Auto “free of charge”.
Land Maintenance & Storage of Materials on Residential Property
Bylaw 26-2020 came into effect on June 23, 2020 and states the following:
- MAINTENANCE OF LAND
- Every owner of land shall keep the land clean and cleared of waste material at all time.
- Section 4.1 does not apply to work which is actively proceeding under a building permit issued by the Township.
- No person shall place or store, or permit to be placed or stored, any objects or material of any kind whatsoever, on vacant land within areas of the Township that are zoned for residential purposes, except where expressly permitted, pursuant to Township’s applicable Zoning Bylaw.
- LITTERING AND DUMPING
- No person shall throw, place, deposit or dump or permit or cause to be permitted, the throwing, placing, depositing or dumping of waste material on private land or public land.
- Notwithstanding the above, nothing in this bylaw shall be deemed to interfere with the filling or raising of land with earth or rock fill or with the disposal of waste on any lands which have been designated for that purpose by Bylaw of the Township.
- MAINTENANCE OF GRASS AND WEEDS
- No person shall permit the growth of grass and/or weeds on private land to exceed 20 centimetres in height.
- INOPERATIVE MOTOR VEHICLE STORAGE
- No person shall permit the outdoor storage of more than one (1) inoperative motor vehicle on private land that is zoned and used for residential purposes.
- Notwithstanding the above, Section 7.1 shall not apply to the storage of motor vehicles and parts which are reasonably necessary for the conduct of a bona fide business, lawfully conducted on the property.
- GRADING AND FILLING OF LAND
- All lands shall be graded, filled up or otherwise drained so as to prevent recurrent pooling of storm water.
- No person shall permit or allow on property owned or occupied by such person any holes, pits, excavations or trenches constituting a health, fire or safety hazard.
For more information please contact Bylaw Enforcement.