Hazardous Waste DayVisiting Annual Events Hazardous Waste Day
The Township of Terrace Bay holds its annual household hazardous waste day collection at the Terrace Bay Tourism Information Centre Parking Lot. Volunteers and municipal staff will assist residents with the drop-off process.
Household Hazardous Waste Day is available to all residents of Terrace Bay and Schreiber.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY:
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm | Terrace Bay Tourism Info Centre Parking Lot
HOUSEHOLD MEDICAL WASTE
Prescription drugs/medications and sharps should not be placed in the regular garbage, for proper and safe disposal, take it back to your local pharmacies.
For a list of nearby pharmacies that participate in the Ontario Medications Return Program and the Ontario Sharps Collection Program, please visit: www.healthsteward.ca.
ELIGIBLE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
We do not accept commercial or industrial hazardous waste!
The following household hazardous waste materials are eligible for drop-off:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
- Fertilizers, fungicide, herbicide, insecticides, pesticides and its containers
- Oil containers of 30 litres or less and used oil filters
- Paints and coatings along with its containers
- Pressurized containers, such as propane tanks and fire extinguishers
- Rechargeable batteries (please separate from single-use batteries)
- Single-use batteries** (not including car batteries)
- Solvents and paint strippers
**Car batteries will not be accepted, please take them to any participating local automotive repair businesses who will receive them free of charge.
We will not accept any electronic waste—please visit Public Works>Recycling for more details on e-waste.