Terrace Bay SurfingVisiting Activities Terrace Bay Surfing
Over the years, Terrace Bay has grown to be known for its excellent waves and secluded location on Lake Superior. Surfing enthusiasts come from all over the region to enjoy the sport year round!
This page is dedicated to providing information to keep surfing enthusiasts informed and safe. As this page continues to grow, we would love to hear from you about any ideas you have to help us improve it!
You can get in touch with us at: email@example.com!
This compiled information is more relevant for surfing enthusiasts unfamiliar with the waters of Lake Superior. On average, during the summer months, the temperatures in Lake Superior are around 4 ºC or 40 ºF, but are swimmable at specific beaches where the water is shallow. Unfortunately, Terrace Bay Beach, Pumphouse Beach and Hydro Bay are not warmer places in the Lake to swim/surf unprotected. Please bring the appropriate gear for surfing in cool and cold temperatures!
- The Bone-Chilling Science of Surfing on Lake Superior – Outside
- 7 Tips for Coldwater Surfing – REAL
- Surfing Lake Superior: Great waves, but not for beginners – MPR News
- NOAA National Weather Service – Great Lakes
- NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) – Coastal Forecasting System
- Marine Weather for Lake Superior – Environment Canada
- Pumphouse Beach – Surfing in October
- Surf Superior Part 1 & Surf Superior Part 2 – Numba One Productions