Front Desk Receptionist – Terrace Bay LocationPosted on November 8, 2019
Front Desk Receptionist – Permanent Part-Time with opportunity for Full-Time
Reports To Brian Doig
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of company administration. Includes coordinating and communicating office activities, greeting and screening visitors, answering and referring inbound telephone calls, and scheduling appointments. The Front Desk Receptionist will also be responsible for administrating company correspondence.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
• Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
• Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written message for staff members.
• Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary.
• Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence.
• Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations.
• Where necessary, assist in compiling data for various reports.
• Coordinate the logistical aspects of departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
• Arrange and book meetings in boardrooms, off-site offices, and other locations.
• As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
• Schedule appointments.
• Ensure all forms and reports are completed as needed.
• Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures are carried out in the event of an emergency.
• Observe and report any security issues to the Office Manager.
• Arrange travel bookings via approved providers, distribute tickets to staff, and post incurred expenses to the summary sheet.
• Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
• Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
• Accept and monitor inbound and outbound shipments as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
• 1 year of direct work experience in a receptionist capacity is an asset
• Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and so on.
• Superior typing and dictatyping skills is an asset.
• Able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
• General mathematical skills.
• Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, verbal, or diagram form.
• Adjusts and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
• Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Meticulous records maintenance skills.
• Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 25 lbs.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Overtime and full-time hours as required.
Please submit resume with references to email@example.com or mail to
2596925 Ontario Inc. o/a Northern Computers + Communications, P.O. Box 1163, Terrace Bay, ON P0T2W0