This years FunRun will be taking place on Tuesday June 4th 2019 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Come out and join us!!
This is to inform everyone that Spring Residential Cleanup scheduled for this year will start on Saturday May 11th and end on Saturday May 18th.
Complete details on the Spring Residential can be found HERE
The Township of Schreiber's Recreation Department and Senior Centre have a few sports and program features coming up in the months of May and June.
- Between May 14th to May 30th 2019, on both Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 8pm in the Community Hall, you can participate in Aerobics classes for FREE
- Kids T-Ball (Ages 4 to 7) will be running on Thursdays from June 6th to August 1st 2019 at 6:30pm to 7:30pm. Registration deadline is May 23rd and can be done at the Municipal Complex.
- Kids Softball (Ages 8 to 14) will be running on Wednesdays from June 5th to July 31st 2019 at 7:00pm. Registration deadline is May 23rd and can be done at the Municipal Complex.
- Adult PickleBall will be running on Mondays from 7:00pm to 9:00pm for adults who are 18+, with cost being just $1.00 per participant. For more details, please visit and/or contact the Schreiber Senior Centre/Recreation Department.
Screen for Life will be stopping in Schreiber from June 6th to June 9th to offer mobile screening services for Breast, Cervical and Colorectal Cancer. For booking inquiries and complete information on this, please see the attached image provided HERE
The open session of tonight's Council meeting will begin at 5 PM this evening.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
This is to let everyone who is interested in becoming a volunteer with the Township of Schreiber in association with our Township's committees be informed that the Volunteer Orientation Event will be happening Friday May 3rd at 2:00pm in the Community Hall.
The event will cover a 20 minute presentation on the Volunteer Handbook and a 40 minute presentation on the Accessibility Training required for all Township volunteers and committee members. A question period will follow after these presentations for those who have decided to attend the event.
The Township staff will be preparing for the first committee meetings during the week of May 6th 2019. Committee Member openings are still available for the following committees: Economic Development, Recreation & Festivals, and Cemetery.
For any further questions or concerns pertaining to volunteering for the Township or joining a committee, please contact:
(807) 824-2711 ext 233
NextBridge Infrastructure is working with Valard Construction and Supercom Industries to develop the new East-West Tie Line Project.
This project needs skilled people from diverse disciplines to be successful, so in the coming months, Supercom Industries will be assisting in the recruitment of qualified and enthusiastic people. Employment opportunities will be posted on the following website: www.supercomindustries.com.
Close-to-Schreiber information sessions on this project and any employment and procurement opportunities will be hosted at various locations, including:
- Nipigon Legion-- 102 5th Street April 2nd 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Marathon Moose Hall -- 6 Stevens Street April 3rd 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Red Rock Indian Band-- Lake Helen Resource Center April 8th 6:30pm-10:00pm
- Pays Plat First Nation-- Pays Plat Community Hall April 9th 6:30pm-10:00pm
Full information on this project, types of jobs being recruited for, and additional information session locations can be found at this link HERE