TOWNSHIP OF SCHREIBER
Spring Residential Clean Up
May 12 to May 19, 2018
South side of the Subway pick up: All materials must be placed out by Sunday May 13 in order to be picked up on Monday & Tuesday. Crews will not back track.
North side of the Subway & Walkers Lake pick up: All materials must be placed out by Tuesday May 15 in order to be picked up on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Crews will not back track.
MATERIALS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF THE CREW HAS ALREADY GONE BY
- Pick up applies to residential properties only – commercial and business properties are not included.
- All materials must be placed in an accessible area on the street that fronts your property.
- Pickup will be restricted to yard waste (e.g. leaves, grass etc. must be bagged), household materials, electronic waste (ie:TV’s ,computers etc.) and small amounts of brush. Demolition materials such as garages, sheds, shingles, etc. will not be picked up. Demolition materials may be delivered to the landfill by owners; regular rates apply.
- Metals and electronics must be separated from other refuse or pickup will be refused.
- No tires or demolition material will be picked up at the curb, Residents can deliver and deposit these items at the landfill site, regular rates will apply
- Large quantities of concrete will not be picked up (i.e. sidewalks or old foundations.)
- If you would like the Township to pick up a refrigerator/freezer, all refrigerators/freezers must be tagged “Freon Free” & doors must be removed.
- There will be absolutely No back lane pick up - this includes burning barrels or yard waste.
- No pressurized tanks will be picked up (i.e. propane tanks)
The landfill site will be open free of charge to assist you with disposing of your waste materials as follows:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, May 14 to Friday, May 18
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday May12 and Saturday May 19
The landfill site will be closed May 20 to May 22 inclusive and resume operation with regular hours and fees Wednesday, May 23,2018
Hazardous Waste Recycling Day is Friday May 18th. 10:00 AM to 2:00 pm at the Tourism Information Center in Terrace Bay.
(no electronic Waste)
Please Note: Car batteries will not be accepted
Please contact the Municipal office at 824-2711 if more information is needed regarding pickups.
The Township of Schreiber gargbage collection will be uniterrupted with regular collection happening on Wednesday December 27 and recycling pick up happening on Thursday December 28.
The Terrace Bay/Schreiber Landfill site will be CLOSED on December 25, 26 and January 1.
Tipping Fees will be waived December 27, 29 and 30, 2017 during normal hours of operationg for household garbage ONLY!
Please Note: Wrapping paper is NOT recyclable and should go into the garbage.
Happening Thursday December 21, 2017 at 6:00 pm!
Council Will Be Hitting The Town With The Schreiber Fire Department Fire Truck To Giveaway Chamber Bucks To Random Homes Throughout The Town Who Have Christmas Lights or Holiday Decorations Celebrating The Season!
Please Note: that this means there will be NO first, second or third place prizes.
*~* Show Us Your Holiday Spirit! *~*
Waste Reduction Week!
The Council of the Township of Schreiber is pleased to announce that October 16 - 22, 2017 is hereby proclaimed Waste Reduction Week in the Township of Schreiber!
As a municipality, we are commited to reducing our waste, conserving resources and educating our community about sustainable living. We recognize the generation of solid waste and the needless waste of resources as global problems and endeavour to take the lead in our community towards environmental sustainability!
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) is preparing to undertake construction activities at the Slate Island Coast Guard Station, Patterson Island, Lake Superior , ON. The work is tentatively scheduled to commence August 4, 2017 and is anticipated to be completed by early October.
For more information please click the link below
The Township of Schreiber Municipal Office Summer Hours Are Monday to Friday; 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Summer Hours are in effect from May 23, 2017 to September 5, 2017.
The Township of Schreiber would like to thank everyone who came out to attend our Town Hall Meeting on Monday May 17, 2017. The purpose of this meeting was to present the Community Revitalization Project plans, timelines, and funding status. This is an exciting time for our community: The Community Revitalization Plan presented is NOT another study; it is the plan which will be implemented in the near future. The project has received sufficient funding to begin the design and engineering phase. Following successful design and engineering, the project will need to get through one more stage of grant lobbying prior to build. For anyone who missed the Town Hall Meeting, the powerpoint presentation is available to view here. We look forward to seeing this project come to life!
The Township of Schreiber Economic Development Department will be hosting a Town Hall Meeting on Monday May 15, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the Schreiber Municipal Complex Room 124.
The meeting will feature an update and discussion on Schreiber's Community Revitalization Plan!
Everyone is welcome to attend!