JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
SUPERVISOR: RECREATION PROGRAMMER
GROUP: UNION; PART TIME
LAST REVIEWED: JUNE 18th, 2018
- High school graduation.
- English oral, reading, writing.
- Previous experience working with seniors.
- Previous experience planning events.
- French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset.
- Current Standard 1st Aid/ CPR ‘C’
- G Driver’s License
- Assist internal and external patrons with queries.
- Follow standard office and bookkeeping practices and municipal and department operation policies and procedures.
- Work with supervisor to generate weekly reports.
- Work is monitored by the supervisor through review and approval of reports and documents prior to distribution.
- Advice and direction with regard to accounting codes and procedures is available from supervisor.
- Maintain work area in an organized fashion.
- Work to ensure all seniors are comfortable, safe and happy.
- Work within approved budget.
- Liaison with patrons
- Develop and coordinate programs and events
- Daily work on computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and Publisher
- Purchase art, technological, and recreational supplies
- Arrange transportation to and from the programs and events.
- Advertise the senior programs and events on the radio, social media, the newspaper and in the community
- Develop and distribute monthly newsletter
- Submit weekly reports to the Recreation Programmer
- Attend scheduled meetings and training.
- Hire guest speakers
- Assist with cleanup
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Part of daily routine requires sitting for long periods of time in front of computer, which may cause eye strain, neck and shoulder tension, and aggravation of hand and wrist muscles and tendons.
Daily routine requires lifting/carrying of boxes with weights of up to forty pounds.
Daily routine requires take down and set up events.
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
Daily routine requires concentration for up to three hours at a time.
Frequent inquiries from internal/external patrons may interrupt attention span.
- Hours of work as per the union agreement. Average 15 hours per week with no fixed schedule.
- Occasional requirement for overnight travel to attend training courses or conferences.
- All additional hours are compensated.
- Spends 80% of work day indoors in a shared work space with exposure to interruptive noise.
- Occasional work may include outside activates in any of the four seasons.
- Irregularly exposed to hazard of chemical substances when servicing photocopier.
- Potential physical and mental distress from patrons.
- Potential exposure to workplace hazards as per OHSA regulations.
Rate of pay equivalent to Recreation Receptionist.
Community Economic Development Intern
Duration: 1 or 2 Year Contract
Salary: $36,000 Annually
Hours: 35 Hours Per Week
Job Description: The intern will work alongside the Community Economic Development Manager. The intern will be involved in all aspects of community development with focus on economic strategic planning and community visioning, as well as assist in the Downtown Revitalization development.
Specific areas and duties include: assisting with grant applications, business retention and expansion, industry attraction and promotion, green energy projects, tourism and festival development, assisting with recreation/sporting events, and involvement with local, regional and economic development agencies.
Qualifications: Possesses a degree/diploma in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Innovation Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Environmental Management or other related program.
Training: A willingness to take the EcD certification program at University of Waterloo would be considered an asset.
Please Mail or E-mail applications by Friday August 24, 2018 2PM to:
Township of Schreiber
ATTN: Nathan Dias
204 Alberta Street, P.O. Box 40
Schreiber, ON P0T 2S0
Tel 807-824-2711 / Fax 807-824-3231
This Opportunity is proudly
SUMMER STUDENT NEEDED
Applications are still being accepted for the following positions:
TOURISM COUNSELLORS for July and August
Please apply immediately to:
Don McArthur CAO/Clerk
PO Box 40, Schreiber, Ontario P0T 2S0
Distribution of newspapers on Tuesdays
to Terrace Bay and Schreiber outlets
$14 per hour
Must have own vehicle.
Apply to; firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop off to The Print Shop
in Simcoe Plaza
Newspaper Editor Position Available
Office location Terrace Bay - Simcoe Plaza
Approximately 15 hours per week.
Coordinate newspaper coverage of local events.
Attend events, take photographs and write news reports.
Delivery to outlets.
Other duties as necessary.
Have own transportation.
Good knowledge of the life of the community.
Strong interpersonal , verbal and writing skills.
Flexible hours – includes occasional evening and weekend activities.
Contact email@example.com or drop resume at The Print Shop 25 Simcoe Plaza
The Administrative Assistant will assist with library policies, procedures, strategic planning, multi-media and marketing plan.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate's field of study.
Rate of pay: $19.23
One year internship
Application Deadline: June 15, 2018 @ 5:00 p.m.
Send resume to:
Schreiber Public Library
P.O. Box 39
Applications are now being accepted for the following positions:
SUMMER FUN DAY CAMP COUNSELLORS
LIBRARY SUMMER STUDENT
Please apply to:
PO Box 40, Schreiber, Ontario P0T 2S0
*Please indicate which position you are applying for*
Deadline: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Job descriptions are available online at:
START DATE: JUNE 11, 2018
We are looking for a full time Service Consultant to join our service team.
Spadoni Motors - Terrace Bay
- Shifts are Mon-Fri, no weekends
- No exp needed, will train
Please email or drop off resume to:
Mountainview Dental 415 Scotia Street Schreiber, ON P0T 2S0
Superior-Greenstone District School Board Trustee (Schreiber/Terrace Bay Ward)
We are seeking applications for the appointment of a Public School Board Trustee for a vacancy on our Board of Trustees for the Schreiber/Terrace Bay Ward. Superior-Greenstone District School Board is looking for someone with strategic vision, a passion for education and knowledge of good governance to join our dynamic team of Trustees. Applications are welcome from all across the district and preference may be given to applicants from that ward.
Term of Appointment: April 2018 through to November 30, 2018
As per the Education Act, an applicant shall be a person:
- qualified to vote for members of Superior-Greenstone DSB;
- who is a resident in Superior-Greenstone DSB area of jurisdiction;
- who is not an employee of the Superior-Greenstone DSB;
- who does not hold the office of clerk, or treasurer, or deputy clerk, or deputy treasurer within any area of Superior-Greenstone DSB jurisdiction;
- who is not a member of council or an elected member of a local board as defined in the Municipal Affairs Act;
- who is not convicted of indictable offences.
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Applicants may apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information, please see our website at the following link; http://www.sgdsb.on.ca/article/accepting-applications-for-vacancy-6582.asp