TOWNSHIP OF SCHREIBER
Spring Residential Clean Up
May 12 to May 19, 2018
South side of the Subway pick up: All materials must be placed out by Sunday May 13 in order to be picked up on Monday & Tuesday. Crews will not back track.
North side of the Subway & Walkers Lake pick up: All materials must be placed out by Tuesday May 15 in order to be picked up on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday. Crews will not back track.
MATERIALS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP IF THE CREW HAS ALREADY GONE BY
- Pick up applies to residential properties only – commercial and business properties are not included.
- All materials must be placed in an accessible area on the street that fronts your property.
- Pickup will be restricted to yard waste (e.g. leaves, grass etc. must be bagged), household materials, electronic waste (ie:TV’s ,computers etc.) and small amounts of brush. Demolition materials such as garages, sheds, shingles, etc. will not be picked up. Demolition materials may be delivered to the landfill by owners; regular rates apply.
- Metals and electronics must be separated from other refuse or pickup will be refused.
- No tires or demolition material will be picked up at the curb, Residents can deliver and deposit these items at the landfill site, regular rates will apply
- Large quantities of concrete will not be picked up (i.e. sidewalks or old foundations.)
- If you would like the Township to pick up a refrigerator/freezer, all refrigerators/freezers must be tagged “Freon Free” & doors must be removed.
- There will be absolutely No back lane pick up - this includes burning barrels or yard waste.
- No pressurized tanks will be picked up (i.e. propane tanks)
The landfill site will be open free of charge to assist you with disposing of your waste materials as follows:
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, May 14 to Friday, May 18
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Saturday May12 and Saturday May 19
The landfill site will be closed May 20 to May 22 inclusive and resume operation with regular hours and fees Wednesday, May 23,2018
Hazardous Waste Recycling Day is Friday May 18th. 10:00 AM to 2:00 pm at the Tourism Information Center in Terrace Bay.
(no electronic Waste)
Please Note: Car batteries will not be accepted
Please contact the Municipal office at 824-2711 if more information is needed regarding pickups.
Terrace Bay, Ontario
Municipal Complex: Old Library